GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:00:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Game mode programmer (cont'd)  (Read 22851 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Game mode programmer (cont'd)
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 04:44:50 am »

We did nothing wrong accepting your code into our mod, period. You sent us the code for those game-modes. We assumed you were consenting to having your work displayed to enhance our incoming release. Certainly without needing to be on the team automatically.

You just forced KM to remove your work from being seen by everyone in the community via our global release. That's a shame for you and a lot of people. I wish you had read my posts and took a look at yourself instead of being responsive/defensive over every word said ongoing.

You escalated a cautious stand a lot of us had, pretty much into a dead end. To top it off you are being petty accusing us of being a mod who would even consider stealing your modes. KM already said your modes won't be in 4.2 because of threatening us.

You need to stop this negativity stemming from how you act/react in this forum.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:47:27 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 08:39:02 am »

You're really disapointing me Troy. (and i guess not only me)

You clearly show that your personal reputation is more worth to you then supporting the mod.

You're doing it for the fame, not because it brings the whole mod further.
Furthermore by requesting to remove it again, YOU try to hurt/demage the mod.
But the only thing you achived is making the whole team, especially KM who has to recode these gamemodes now, angry at you. (and trust me, based on what i know of KM, he'd rather walk over burning coal then taking a single line of your code).

BTW: your trial was closed by KM on May 31st with no results. So you cannot claim to have it completed now. Even if you've done lots of third party content since then, noone prommissed you a dev spot for that.

The sad thing about it is, if you'd shown a little more patience and a better attitude you'd possibly been added to the team or at least to beta testers for your support.
I don't see that happening anymore now.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 08:45:59 am »

You clearly show that your personal reputation is more worth to you then supporting the mod.

My sole intent in making Arsenal and TDM v2 was to help the mod.

BTW: your trial was closed by KM on May 31st with no results. So you cannot claim to have it completed now. Even if you've done lots of third party content since then, noone prommissed you a dev spot for that.

First off Kraid, I have completed it as I did what was requested in the trial.  It may not been in the time allotted but I did do what was requested.  What happened at the time, was more important than spending time writing a game mode.  I had talked to Killer Monkey about this.  From what I remember, he was a little bit worried that something else may get in the way.  However, it was taken into consideration that I like everyone else here, has a life.

Side note - As it sits now, KM removing the game modes is the best policy.  This topic is over now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:01:35 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up