GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 05:36:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nodegraph vs Navigation Meshes  (Read 16353 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Re: Nodegraph vs Navigation Meshes
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 02:53:38 am »

Loving the ideas. Now the public can see how work gets done here. We throw out a simple idea(even though most people wouldn't call them simple, but we have Zeus) and KM throws his glitter and gold on it, then 14 years later, its done.

hahahhah... but really since hes doing all the coding, he doesnt just get it done, he gets it done properly and the game overall feels stable and fun to play unlike that shitty Duke nuke forever crap!

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 02:57:26 am »

Strange to see how one comes from one thing to another - a facebook status update by a first person (major) leading to some simple questions from a second (me), which are answered by a third (killermonkey) inspiring the first person in return to think about whole new concepts, leading the third person to refine the thoughts and saying 'let's do this'.

If that's how progress is made, I suppose people should speak their minds more often. *thumbs-up*

That's why we like feedback. Takes one spark to start a fire.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 04:22:03 am »

he gets it done properly and the game overall feels stable and fun to play unlike that shitty Duke nuke forever crap!

We'll still hear this one in ten years :P

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 06:16:06 am »

This will be such a great idea for siberia in 4.2. It is so big and creating a heat mesh for it will make it that much more exact and playable and will make the bots smarter depending on the player count/weapon set and so forth. Not to mention saving me on nodes with displacements as I think they might have to be redone here again. Some don't seem to be working that well. Awesome idea major. I hope this works out. :-)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 05:56:53 pm »

Sounds to me like you guys are trying to build your own Cylons.   Hahaha. Thats great.  Keep up the good work guys.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up