GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:56:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 09/30/11 Programming & Ourumov Redux  (Read 65161 times)

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
Re: GES Update 09/30/11 Programming & Ourumov Redux
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 03:28:34 am »

i suspect that the next charater will be Janus

if not than perhaps a better suit for Mr. Bond?
MI6 still needs more characters. I always put my vote behind Q.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 07:33:53 am »

MI6 still needs more characters. I always put my vote behind Q.

i still put my vote on the all bonds imagine Timothy Dalton slappered by Brosnan who is knifed by Connery who then is sniped by Moore...true it might take many years till those charaters arrive but i can wait...just wish that i could make those charaters :(

but i assume its Janus because of The Trevyelan Janus Model that was previewed a couple of months/ a year ago (the head)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 04:57:29 pm »

i still put my vote on the all bonds imagine Timothy Dalton slappered by Brosnan who is knifed by Connery who then is sniped by Moore...true it might take many years till those charaters arrive but i can wait...just wish that i could make those charaters :(

This has been discussed before several times, The answer is no due to legal issues.
You do realise that if one of these actors sues the GE:S Team for replicating their character in a video game, Not only the GE:S project would die instantly, But the author of the model would be in BIG trouble.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 06:42:27 pm »

This has been discussed before several times, The answer is no due to legal issues.
You do realise that if one of these actors sues the GE:S Team for replicating their character in a video game, Not only the GE:S project would die instantly, But the author of the model would be in BIG trouble.

That is very possible. However, most likely, it would result in a cease and desist order... Is that a risk that we are willing to take?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

terps4life90

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 09:19:17 pm »

Well to be quite honest namajnaG, The GE:S  team has already done that with boris, Alec Trevelyan, mayday, jaws. So i dont see the problem.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 09:30:55 pm »

Well to be quite honest namajnaG, The GE:S  team has already done that with boris, Alec Trevelyan, mayday, jaws. So i dont see the problem.

Well, Maybe you're right, But they don't really look identical.
I don't see how they could make 4 different bonds, Though. I'd concentrate on making the key characters of Goldeneye 64 first.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 02:21:44 am »

alrighty then makes sense...but surely there is a way to get past this issue like what you did with the current bond keep the distinguished elements of the actor yet keep it acceptable for print (example: Dimple for Moore, Stern pissed off brow for Dalton,etc)

doesnt matter anyway i look forward to any charater :D Ourmov looks excellent though and i cant wait for Bunker
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 04:17:27 am by Rick Astley »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 05:17:27 am »

Sweet! Now that you guys have seen the new character model in this update, I can finally share with you a fun video that I wasn't able to before.

*Warning* If you are looking for a serious video, with lots of GES content, this is not that kind of video. ES made a few weapon scripts that made all the weapons fire extremely quick..and so the craziness begins...  :) Also, this contains the new model before a crouching animation was implemented..so it goes to the default "jesus" animation with arms and legs stretched out when crouched...which is what we are doing when walking around. :)

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:29:00 am by CCsaint10 »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 05:35:02 am »

Can you update the game to make people understand how to play some of the more unique game types? Please please please!

Very nice update overall. I do have one question though and I'm sure that this is just my mind thinking of things that are completely unnecessary. Are the "X amount of kills" achievements going to be progressed by killing bots? Just a thought.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 06:24:40 am »

the old Oroumov will be missed

"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 08:50:02 am »

I do have one question though and I'm sure that this is just my mind thinking of things that are completely unnecessary. Are the "X amount of kills" achievements going to be progressed by killing bots? Just a thought.

I would have to think not..But I didn't code the thing ;)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 05:46:04 pm »

If it makes you feel any better I still think you are a moron ;-)

Ha ha. We all are in the eye's of the great KM.

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 12:52:26 am »

Sweet! Now that you guys have seen the new character model in this update, I can finally share with you a fun video that I wasn't able to before.

*Warning* If you are looking for a serious video, with lots of GES content, this is not that kind of video. ES made a few weapon scripts that made all the weapons fire extremely quick..and so the craziness begins...  :) Also, this contains the new model before a crouching animation was implemented..so it goes to the default "jesus" animation with arms and legs stretched out when crouched...which is what we are doing when walking around. :)

[flash=854,480]http://www.youtube.com/v/xAgqcdyvwjo[flash]
Not the video I was hoping for, but that's always a fun one to re-watch

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 05:44:42 am »

It wasn't intended for you gabbo :P I figured the public would life to see it. :) Least they get to see the general in motion...even if it is goofy. :P

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 05:06:06 am »

Until then, be on the lookout for social updates, including our music artist Sole Signal who is updating his Youtube with some videos to his GE:S music!

A new 2011 remaster of "After Hour Martini" is first up. Hopefully this weekend. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up