GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:37:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map creating questions  (Read 7235 times)

aaronmarsh632

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • aaronmarsh632 has no influence.
Map creating questions
« on: September 20, 2011, 02:39:47 pm »

Hi, I've started to make a map in hammer for ges and I wondered how can I add textures and entities like weapons and objects from ges into my map?

thanks

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Map creating questions
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 03:22:11 pm »

Have you set up a configuration for GE:S in your Source SDK?

Once you have, you can launch Hammer under that configuration and simply add the gesource.fgd to the game files in Hammer's preferences and that will allow you to use GE:S entities.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

aaronmarsh632

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 03:41:02 pm »

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have setup a ges configuration this morning and I added the gesource.fgd. but when I go through the entities list there arent any weapons. Do you know why this is?

Thanks

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 04:56:30 pm »

Hi Aaron,

If you are trying to place specific guns e.g. the KF7, PP7, etc...you won't find entities for those. GE:S uses the ge_weaponspawner and ge_ammospawner entities to place weapons and ammo boxes, respectively. When you run the game the specific weapon and ammo type that will spawn depend on the weapon loadout, which is determined by the server. In Hammer you can set which gun in the loadout will spawn by opening up the weaponspawner and ammospawner properties and changing the Weapon Slot value (can be 0-7, 0 is generally the weakest weapon and 7 the best, also change the weaponspawner skin to match the weapon strength)

See http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Default_Weapon_Sets for a list of default weapon sets.

aaronmarsh632

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 05:21:24 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for that - it works gr8. I have got a problem though regards the editor windows, and its since this morning when i created the ges config but dont know if its related. All my editor windows are black except the 3d view and if i select a block in the 3d view I dont get any kind of editing controls if you get what i mean, do you know what could be causing this please?

thanks

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 05:52:46 pm »

In Source SDK does the Engine Version say Source 2009?
GE:S uses Source 2007 since I think Valve broke 2009, which caused issues like the ones you describe.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 06:41:06 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for that - it works gr8. I have got a problem though regards the editor windows, and its since this morning when i created the ges config but dont know if its related. All my editor windows are black except the 3d view and if i select a block in the 3d view I dont get any kind of editing controls if you get what i mean, do you know what could be causing this please?

thanks

That same issue happened to me, and I had to manually edit the txt file regarding appID's

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 08:42:10 pm »

Yea this is an old bug that is somehow still apparent.

A functional (yet annoying) workaround is (before you open hammer) change the AppID, found in the gameinfo.cfg, from 440 to 218 (i think, someone please correct my AppID numbers if im wrong). This will allow you to see wireframes in Hammer. Now when you load GES it may crash or not load, if this happens you need to change the AppID back to 440 before launch. Disable auto-launch after compile in Hammer to make this slightly less painful.

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

aaronmarsh632

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 10:05:17 am »

Ah rite, thanks for all the replies - i'm glad it's not just me :) my engine version is set to 2009 and and havn't heard of this appID thing before so once I get home tonight I'll do what you say and let u know how it goes.

Thanks again

aaronmarsh632

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 02:43:19 pm »

Hi, I have just had time after the past few days to look at the settings and I couldn't find a file called gameinfo.cfg but there was 1 called gameinfo.txt in my gesource folder so I guessed it was that, so I opened the file and the appid was already set to 218 so I changed it to 440 and I can now see the wireframes in hammer and the game still loads fine and I can connect and all is well.

Thanks all for your help

Aaron

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 10:36:09 pm »

Ok so i got the order of the AppIDs and the extension of the config file wrong :P

Glad it all works for you though mate.

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle
Pages: [1]   Go Up