GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:21:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Empty server list - restarting didn't help  (Read 3610 times)

TheAmazingAndo

Empty server list - restarting didn't help
« on: August 13, 2011, 03:52:02 am »

Hey, just found out about this project about an hour ago, and got really excited to play it. I immediately downloaded the installer. Having purchased the entire Valve library, needless to say, I have Steam and plenty of Source-based games.

I went into the Steam Tools tab and installed the Source SDK 2007. Per the wiki instructions, after installing the GE:S files, I restarted Steam and booted up.

The server list stayed empty for well over 5 minutes. After checking these forums, and seeing that the usual answer for this was to ensure the install worked and restart Steam, I verified that the correct directory was created (it was), and have restarted Steam 3 times and the whole laptop once too. Still, the server list remains empty.

Is there a second level of troubleshooting past restarting Steam that I can go to next? Thanks!

- Ando

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Empty server list - restarting didn't help
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 04:12:52 am »

Uncheck the "Show Maplist" checkbox in the lower left of the server list.

Or use the steam server browser (ie not in the game, right click steam, hit Servers...)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 11:22:52 am »

- Are you using the latest release which is 4.1?

- Is it installed under the directory steam/steamapps/sourcemods/gesource?

- Is your firewall blocking the game (hl2.exe)?

Any of these would account for you not seeing any servers.

Also like KM said turning off 'show maplist' in the in-game browser and doing a full refresh will give you a comprehensive list of servers.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Airtux

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Airtux has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 01:51:40 am »

i also this problem with the server browser in game, but i use the server browser of steam! and it's working  ;)
Sorry for my poor english.
Pages: [1]   Go Up