GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:20:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [CHAR] Alec Treveylan (Janus) Render (7/09/2007)  (Read 52488 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: [CHAR] Alec Treveylan (Janus) Render (7/09/2007)
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 10:54:00 am »

thats a good question?

maybe they are still making the model?

terps4life90

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 06:48:00 am »

How is this character not finished? This render was back in 2007. That was like 6 years ago LOL!

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 07:40:13 am »

How is this character not finished? This render was back in 2007. That was like 6 years ago LOL!

From all your bitching you do, you could learn and do all the things you want yourself.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

terps4life90

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 07:48:31 am »

From all your bitching you do, you could learn and do all the things you want yourself.

How about you quit avoiding it with your usual bitching and answer the question. I have ever right to bitch, what you people need is some Gordon Ramsay discipline.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:54:12 am by terps4life90 »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 08:27:55 am »

How about you quit avoiding it with your usual bitching and answer the question. I have ever right to bitch, what you people need is some Gordon Ramsay discipline.

Gordon Ramsay leads by example, not sitting around and do nothing and complaining. So if you wanna follow his footsteps, start teaching people how to model, texture, animate and code.

Model and Texture by Turboracer and Spider respectively.

Both devs are retired or inactive. Do you think if we had fully finished and ingame characters we'd not release them? People work on things, become inactive and we loose all that work. Things work different now then they did years ago. We could easily loose a lot of work if a developer left back in old releases. We loose source files and cannot work on things anymore, forcing us to redo the work.

We loose a modeler or animator or such, we loose a majority of the work they were working on. A mapper could have 5 maps 90% finished then go AWOL. Unless we have the source files, we loose all that work pretty much.

We've fixed a lot of these issues as of late having to do with devs submitting files and such to alleviate this. However, this doesn't fix the past.

We've lost a lot of work with devs coming and going. Tracking people down and getting them to find there old work isn't the easiest thing. Main reason we've redone maps, weapon models, and other things over. We simply don't have the old files.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 03:16:53 pm »

We loose a modeler or animator or such, we loose a majority of the work they were working on. A modeler could have 5 characters 90% finished then go AWOL. Unless we have the source files, we loose all that work pretty much.

Fixed for accuracy.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 06:03:56 pm »

As you can see in the picture on the first page, it's only the model of Janus face.
This means even if we had that model, the whole body would need to be modelled too, because we cannot (read: we don't want to) simply stick the new face texture to the Alec body.
Beside this there are also other issues like distinctability of the characters.

If you ask me, he should only be included as a secondary skin for alec anyway, not as a whole new character.
IMO there are lots of far more important characters i'd like to add first before creating alternative skins for allready existing ones.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up