GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:23:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Friday 13th GE:S Beta 3.1 Patch Releasing!  (Read 31513 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Friday 13th GE:S Beta 3.1 Patch Releasing!
« on: March 13, 2009, 02:17:38 am »

Dear faithful community,

Our coders have been stuck into our patch this week on the back of the VALVe update that fixed OrangeBox mods. We appreciate all patience shown through this time, and the good feedback and concerns still coming in through your suggestions/comments. Thanks a bunch.

" class="bbc_imgBeta 3.1 Patch Info" width="16" height="16" class="bbc_img
Containing around 30+ fixes in it, this is no small patch. In terms of increasing an already stable game, this is a big concentrated effort to root out the small lingering bugs and streamline some of our implementations. It's a big reward for everyone, and servers should become more successful for you guys to enjoy!

Beta 3.1 hilights :

* Fixed mp_timelimit 0 and ge_roundtime 0, they function as they should to disable the time limits.
* Fixed Grenade blocking you when trying to walk over it
* Fixed spectators blowing up proximity mines
* Fixed random weaponset and added "random_loadout" set which sets a new defined loadout randomly every Round
* Added gameplay cvar
ge_gameplay_mode [0/1/2]
0 = no change
1 = ordered from the list
2 = random from the list
This "list" is defined in gameplaycycle.txt for serverhosts

*Disabled crouchjumping (due to hitboxes moving unfairly erratic while using this jump method)
*Increased jump height to access rails/crates
*Decreased "camping" consideration time (when you are stationary and become a red dot on radar)
* When you first pickup a weapon it will be equipped fully loaded with as much ammo as you have for that weapon (instead of the default clip size, usually 10 rounds)
* Moved the death music client side and is toggleable with the "Disable Special Cue Music" advanced multi option
* Added HLStatsX server messages for player hurt and gun fired
* Proxy mines can now be exploded if THROWN OBJECTS PASS THEM WITHIN RANGE!
  Thrown objects include:
  - TKnifes
  - Grenades
  - Any mine
*Added 12 new achievements PLUS tweaked some existing achievement conditions to be fair in all gameplay modes.

The complete changelog to be shown when the patch is released! (make sure to check the changelog on the release thread and wiki tomorrow for all your information needs) Thanks for following our mod, get people involved on our forums today!

" class="bbc_imgDEV/BT tags" width="16" height="16" class="bbc_img
A little bonus for the crew responsible for the mod was coded in right after beta 3 went out the door and we figured since you will see the evidence why not explain it! Developers and Beta testers now have pimped klobbs for first person/view models. Self explanitory in the pictures, Devs are golden, Testers are black. Bear in mind this is bound to Steam ID as is the new scoreboards listing of "DEV" or "BT" which identifies official GE:S crew members in any server. No longer can people fool you! Check the scoreboard for the truth, friends.

**Notice :The DEV/BT klobbs are not different in any way except visually**

p.s Not all devs were quick enough, forgive "kinky" as he is a DEV ; if you see him in-game without a golden klobb pretend he has one, our hearts go out to him.

" class="bbc_imgOther Developments Internally" width="16" height="16" class="bbc_img
Aside from the release of this patch tomorrow, we have begun steaming towards beta 4 and it is looking like up to Four maps may be through our pipeline in time!
  • Facility_Backzone [will definitely make it!]
  • Caverns
  • Silo
  • Surface
  • Citadel [Bonus map]

Assorted WIP Teaser screenshots

Remember lastly that on the horizon is the game-mode ViashinoCutthroat has utilized using our great LUA based gameplay system. Long conceived but written only just this week, Live and Let Die is looking really great and with a few additions to beef up immersion and playability, will likely be coming out well before beta 4 as a patch of its own.

" class="bbc_img3.1 Release Time" width="16" height="16" class="bbc_img
We will be releasing links both .EXE and .ZIP from our servers, moddb, and filefront for starters (until community mirrors start to submit links) ; the filesize will be around 50-65MB. It will ship tomorrow, Friday the 13th in the evening U.S EST. Those wanting to be alerted of the release should join our official steam community group to get on the minute alerts of a release! The official GE:S Servers will be online with the patch ahead of time as well as a few others. Get ready for a beautiful chaos.

Sincerely,
Team GoldenEye: Source
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 03:11:59 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

neonred

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • neonred has no influence.
Re: Friday 13th GE:S Beta 3.1 Patch Releasing!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 02:57:45 am »

lol i hope i can finally find servers with this beta... i've been dying to play...

eXpEnC

• Agent
  • eXpEnC has no influence.
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 03:16:59 am »

Awesome! Thanks again you guys for bringing back such a great game!

You can stand out in the sun tossing a ball around...or you can sit at your computer, and do something that matters.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 03:18:04 am »

Awesome. Looking forward to it.

Is that Luchador's Surface?

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 04:07:59 am »

YAY!!!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 05:09:26 am »

I did a major cleanup of our change log:

http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Beta3_1_Changelist

Now you can actually understand what was changed. I also updated the achievements to their correct values for 3.1 and the release docs to reflect the new convars

SPECTRE v7

• Secret Agent
  • SPECTRE v7 has no influence.
    • myspace.com/orlando87
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 05:54:03 am »

Awesome! i wasn't expecting the patch to be out this soon...Thanks  ;D

And thoughs maps are looking good, keep up the great work guys..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 05:57:27 am by SPECTRE v7 »

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 06:26:31 am »

*nut*

ALEX_I_R

• Agent
  • ALEX_I_R has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 07:06:40 am »

and what happen with the granade launcher, rocket launcher and moonraker laser?

we need to start all over again with the achievments? or we continue with all we have now?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 07:24:03 am »

You can backup your Gamestate.txt to make sure you don't loose your achievements. Not sure how the .exe is working yet, so not sure but I doubt it will replace it.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 07:39:37 am »

A golden Klobb ? LoL so once in a blue moon we will see someone briefly wielding a golden klobb. Now if that golden klobb was more powerful i'd understand. I tell you what make all my weapons pink and bind it to my steam ID retro style pawnage, i like...i like :/   VC use your influence and make this so.

:/

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 07:47:58 am »

so....I am a little sad not to see any screen shots of bunker...or depot..or any of the maps that have been in previous videos/updates. Wouldn't you guys want to finish maps that are already getting close as opposed to starting a whole new map?

Also, awesome update. Should be epic as always. :) Now...if I can only convince sharpshootah to remove that annoying runway text everytime I spawn  :P ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 07:49:38 am by bklax23 »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

dylaan

Cool but...
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 10:15:36 am »

You forgot to mention the mode involving Taco and Proxy Mines! :(

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 10:54:50 am »

I tell you what make all my weapons pink and bind it to my steam ID retro style pawnage, i like...i like :/   VC use your influence and make this so.
:/

Sorry Pain, but Pink Hello Kitty Weaponskins are allready prommised to fonfa.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 11:32:18 am »

Woa! O_O
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up