GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:54:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Burn Out Effect  (Read 12078 times)

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
The Burn Out Effect
« on: March 12, 2009, 01:05:42 am »

Well if you keep tabs on the forum you might of noticed that progress seems a little slow atm. With the release of beta 3 a month ago almost all the developers where working overtime to get things finished and sorted for it and this is where burn out effect comes in.

After working so long and hard on something you will often find the effort to keep going grows exponentially and this is something im experiencing at the moment along with some of the other developers. Some times you need to keep pushing and you get over it however often the best method is take a short break.

We plan on releasing the 3.1.3 (yes the third revision) patch very soon and then alot of the devs (me included) will be taking a short break from development work to recover from the burn out. Dont worry to much, we arnt going any where and once we are back, we will be working hard to bring the next installment out.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
Re: The Burn Out Effect
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 01:12:00 am »

I looked at the changelist on the wiki and you guys really must've worked hard... And Facility Backzone? That's awesome!

Great work guys. You really deserve the break. =)

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 02:15:17 am »

DEVS deserve that break. You're all working hard on this. That's why this mod is freaking awesome.

Can't wait for beta 3.1.3 !!!
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 02:26:40 am »

thank you very much, guys. and the beta 3.1.3 changelist is...wow !
I think, you must be very exhausted and tired now. enjoy your time-out & have fun.

Alec Trevelyan can wait...´til summer  ;D
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 03:46:22 am »

well, shit. There was a bit of miscommunication, and backzone is not supposed to be in this patch. There's some things left unfinished and placeholder dev grid brushwork laying about where models need to be. Backzone will make it into 3.1 if I can get to it tomorrow and finish up everything, but I don't know. Don't get your hopes up.

If it doesn't make it, it will be in the next patch/update for sure.
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 03:57:40 am »

I'm sure nobody will have any objections to waiting just a little bit longer for Backzone to be in 3.1. Take all the time you need.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 04:03:00 am by Storm101 »

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 03:59:07 am »

That was monkeys bad, i was going by his log :P

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 07:16:27 am »

what an amazing changelog guys. I agree, you guys should take some well deserved time off. You guys did an excellent job making sure everything is great. No worries about backzone. As much as I would have liked to see it in 3.1.3...I would rather see it in the next update and be even more kick ass. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 09:46:48 am »

appreciate all teh hard work. still gonna play even if this was final. time to play the game all you guys worked so hard on. :)

Kujo

• Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Kujo has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 09:10:12 pm »

besides, its spring break time! Go enjoy your selves outside or finally get a chance to enjoy what you guys have worked so hard to create  :D  I know I'll be looking forward to a week of catching up on some video games I've been neglecting due to a busy semester  :P

Keep up the great work guys!

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 09:30:28 pm »

I haven't read the changelog, but judging from the work put in Beta 3, I can only expect something with a high level of quality.

You guys certainly deserve a rest. The effort put into this project is overwhelming. Take your brake (as long as you wish) in order to come back in full strength, to kick some more ass for Beta 4.

Great work guys. Great work.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 03:42:40 am »

That was monkeys bad, i was going by his log :P

This is why mr PR should be asked first about stuff when talking in public :D kthnx
Pages: [1]   Go Up