GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 05:55:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst news this year  (Read 12251 times)

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
Worst news this year
« on: February 22, 2009, 11:44:55 pm »

Well, i just got back to my computer after helping my little brother pull his project car apart and i get a call from one of my mates informing me that his girlfriend was in a car crash. Luckily, his girlfriend and her 2 year old son was all right but another friends sister who was also in the car died as well.

This really shocked me (as death has never touched me like this) and made for one shitty afternoon. My friends family is really shaken up and the fact that the accident happened 50 meters away from their house doesnt help at all.

I went to the scene yesterday and it looks like the bike that hit the car was going way to fast, as the skid mark from it was really short (around 10 meters) and rolled the echo over onto its side.

This is news no one wants to hear and i feel sorry for my friends family and all others that lost an innocent due to the reckless behavior of some one else.

RIP.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=77&ContentID=126202

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
Re: Worst news this year
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 11:47:36 pm »

condolances.. all the best for the family & friends

what else can be said....

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 03:06:55 am »

Dude, that's sad. :(

Rest in peace.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 03:12:15 am »

Lodle, This exact scenario happened to my cousin/best friend, Josh who died two years ago in a car crash. Its so sad, she was very pretty (if that is her picture on the right) and I am sure had a lot going for her. I deeply feel for you and your family and know how you feel. My condolences. Please, talk to me if you need anything buddy!

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:15:16 am by SharpSh00tah »

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 03:35:21 am »

wow man. best wishes.

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 05:19:34 am »

Motor 'accidents' do suck. Many years ago I was making a left turn and an oncoming car ran the red light and smashed into the front passenger side of my 94' Black Camaro. It was just me in the car so no one was hurt. The smell of the airbag smelled really bad though. There were no witnesses and the person who ran the red light said it was green, so no one was put at fault >:(. The other driver's insurance company tried suing me over a YEAR later for whatever damn reason. I stood my ground and after a over another year of nothing the company dropped it. They were just trying to go for quick cash hoping I would just pay them I suppose...

The funny thing is that I sensed something was going to happen to the the front passenger side of my car as I was leaving the house that night. I have a strong 'knowing' of things before they happen. It's almost like de-ja vu and sixth sense. You could ask my best friend, Adam, since he has seen my premonitions many times.

A month ago I was approaching an intersection from a pretty good distance. To the left on the other road I see a big semi truck going down and for whatever reason it was of interest of me, then it crossed my mind that I think it is going to run a red light. I see the light change up ahead of me and then I see the truck continuing down the road at 45mph, not slowing down with plenty of room. At this point the 'oh shit' factor came in as I see cars start going through the intersection with a big fucking semi heading directly for them. I slow down and pull off to the right to keep me from danger, even though I am still a good distance from the intersection, and got my cellphone ready incase. The semi finally realizes the light and I could tell they suddenly had the 'oh shit factor' and still going at 45mph sharply turned right onto the street I was on towards me, barely missing the other vehicles. I have never seen a semi turn so god damn sharp at such a speed before. It should have tipped, but it didn't for whatever reason. If I didn't pull over and continued up some more, it would have smacked into me dead on...
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:21:15 am »

Sorry to hear that man. Best wishes go out to the family and friends :(..

I have a strong 'knowing' of things before they happen. It's almost like de-ja vu and sixth sense.

I have that same thing, not all the time by every once in a while. We all have the physic ability in us, but some can trigger it more than others. It's very trippy when it does happen though. I had it happen to me recently.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 10:16:27 am »

My condolences Mar. It's terrible to hear news like those, specially if it involves people you know and care about. I wish the best of luck to your friends family.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 11:59:02 am »

sorry to hear that mate

glad your buddys GF and little dude mate it out unharmed.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms
Pages: [1]   Go Up